Key figures (2014)
19 604 students – of which 21% are international coming from 70 different countries
Fields of study:
- Science and Technology
- Human and Social Sciences
- Economics and Management Sciences.
Lille1 offers full programmes at all different European Qualification (Technology Diploma, Bachelor, Master, Engineering and Doctorate Diplomas). All degrees have been accredited by the State Ministry of Higher Education.
2975 staff members (Academic and Administrative) and 1100 Doctorates of which 30% are international.
Research is organised around:
- 5 Institutes
- Information and Communication Technology
- Chemistry and Material Science
- Biology and Biotechnologies
- Human and Social Science
- 3 Research Centres
These 8 scientific areas have developed a strong strategy with National and International authorities under its 37 key laboratories.
Lille 1 possesses 5 doctoral schools:
- Engineering Science;
- Material Science Radiation and Environmental Science;
- Economics and Social Sciences, Regional Planning, Management;
- Biology and Health
- Humanities and Social Sciences
1100 candidates are registered in these doctoral schools and about 220 theses are defended per year.
Lille1 University has been selected as one of the 12 first French campuses which will benefit from extra funding from the French State to enhance facilities, and to federate large-scale campuses in order to improve their international visibility.